INTERNSHIP VACANCY: PROGRAMME INTERN
DATE OF ISSUE: 02ND NOVEMBER 2020
|Location||Nairobi (currently working from Home)|
|Application Deadline||Friday 06th November 2020 4:00pm|
|Start Date||November 16th 2020|
|Type of Contract||3 months (possibility of extension)|
The East African Centre for Human Rights (EACHRights) was founded in May 2010, and was established to undertake human rights work within a regional context. The organization seeks to initiate and undertake programmes that promote, protect, and enhance Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (ECOSOC Rights) in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania for vulnerable and marginalized groups. The organization specializes on the Right to Education; and the Right to Health for children in Kenya.
Under the education support programme, the organization seeks to create opportunities to further the right to education agenda by ensuring that all children have access to free quality basic education especially in regard to: addressing privatization of education; holding the state accountable to improving education quality and standards and engaging in constructive dialogue with affected communities.
EACHRights is currently looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated intern under the Education support Programme to support with administrative and programmatic duties.
Duties and responsibilities
The programme intern will assist the project manager with the implementation of ESP activities. Particularly, the key responsibilities of the intern will be:
- Assist the Project manager in implementing the activities of the education support programme for the purpose of achieving organizational goals and objectives
- Policy research and analysis on key development issues relating to Education
- Generate activity reports, statements and other relevant materials
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, and recording minutes.
- Coordinate technical and logistical arrangements for the project activities at community level.
- Conducts administrative tasks as required including Supporting the organization of ESP meetings and events
- And any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in political Science; International Relations; Education; Law or any relevant Social Sciences
- Excellent desktop Research skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Understanding and experience in of project management is desirable
- Excellent written English and Report writing skills
- Self-starter, creative and motivated. Works well alone and in a team environment
- Good academic standing
- Understanding of Education as Right and the Human Rights frameworks guaranteeing the right to education.
- Understanding of challenges facing children in marginalized or low income communities in regard to their education.
- A passion for social justice for marginalized communities and populations
- Availability to start immediately.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in the workplace
- Follow a consistent, regular working schedule
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate meetings with people in different time zones
- Complete projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Submit weekly timesheets and project logs
- Willingness to learn and grow as a leader and professional
Duration of the Internship
The internship is temporary and is available for a period of Three Months.
Interested applicants should submit the following application documents to email@example.com.
- Application letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae (with three referees and their contacts)
The email subject should read “2020 Programme Intern”. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 6th November 4:00 pm, 2020. Late submissions will not be considered and hard copy applications and solicitation by phone or any other means will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.