VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: PROJECT OFFICER; CSO EFFECTIVENESS
PROJECT OFFICER: CSO EFFECTIVENESS
DATE OF ISSUE: FRIDAY 2nd FEBRUARY, 2018
Position: Project Officer.
Tentative start date: 1 April 2018
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of renewal)
Reports to: Project Manager/Regional Coordinator
Type of contract: Contract
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
1. About EACHRights
The East African Centre for Human Rights (also known as EACHRights), is a non-partisan, regional Non-Governmental Organisation that seeks to promote, protect and enhance human rights in East Africa with an emphasis on economic, Social and cultural rights among the vulnerable and marginalised groups. The organization specializes on promoting the realization of the right to health and education for children.
2. Description of the position
EACHRights seeks to fill the position of Programmes Officer to be based in Nairobi. The Programmes Officer shall implement the Project titled ‘CSO Effectiveness’ under the PLAN International grant as follows:
- Support national coalitions to monitor state obligations towards Human Rights mechanisms. (Assist national coalitions contribute to State reports and to develop Civil Society Organization Reports).
- Ensure that program objectives/interventions and budget compliance is attained during the project life cycle.
- Coordinate and support high quality research, in order to generate knowledge on Child rights. · Develop Advocacy Charters for coalition members within the EACRN.
- Conduct Follow up workshops for countries that have subscribed to Human Rights mechanisms. · Prepare and issue joint Child Rights statements on behalf of national coalitions during meetings with relevant UN Agencies. · Roll out the Advocacy and Communication Strategy to the 9 National Coalitions members of EACRN.
- Represent the organization at International, National and Regional levels in various activities that can strengthen Child rights governance systems. Preparing and presentation of memoranda /position papers to different authorities on gender and governance;
- Develop competitive proposals and concept notes.
3. Qualifications and competencies
The ideal candidate should at least possess the following qualifications and attributes, at a minimum:-
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field.
- 4 years post-qualification experience in managing projects.
- Strong understanding and experience of Child Rights issue, gender mainstreaming, development and inclusion.
4. Submission of application
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae, which should include 3 professional referees, one of whom must be a previous employer. The candidate MUST indicate their expected salary and include a daytime contact.
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to ‘The Chair' on or before 5.00 p.m. on Friday 16th February 2018. The subject of the application letter or e-mail should read ‘V.A. NO. 03/2018: APPLICATION FOR PROJECT OFFICER: CSO EFFECTIVENESS’.
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Cover letter should be addressed to:
Board of Directors,
East African Centre for Human Rights – EACHRights,
P.O. Box 19494-00100 NAIROBI, KENYA.
East African Centre for Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer.