INTERNSHIP VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: COMMUNICATION INTERN
Position Title: Communications Intern
Date of Issue: Monday, February 5th 2018
Time Commitment: 40 hours per weekDeadline: Monday, February 19th 2018
1. About EACHRightsThe East African Centre for Human Rights (also known as EACHRights) was established in May 2010 to undertake Human Rights work at a regional context. The organization is a non-partisan, Regional Non-Governmental Organization that seeks to initiate and undertake programmes that promote, protect, and enhance Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (ECOSOC Rights) in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania for vulnerable and marginalized groups. The organization specializes on the Right to Education, Right to Health and Child Protection.
2. Duties and Responsibilities of Communication InternThe EACHRights’ Communications Intern will work with Programme personnel and will be expected to deliver on the following:
- Attend EACHRights’ meetings and contribute to communications strategy and event planning
- Assist with the coordination and logistical preparation for EACHRights’ events
- Attend events, take quality photographs, document and assist with same day coordination
- Contribute to the Writing of blog articles about the events as well as current affairs that relate to EACHRights projects and focus areas.
- Upload articles and content on the EACHRights’ website
- Maintain EACHRights’ online social media and other communication portals for EACHRights and
- Monitor EACHRights’ presence in the media and keep track of relevant information on EACHRights’ social media
- Writing, editing and designing of EACHRights’ bulletins and newsletters
- Other administrative tasks that he/she may be required to do
3. Qualifications and SpecificationsThe ideal candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR or Journalism.
- Experience in writing, editing and producing materials for website content.
- Conversant with Word Press website management System.
- Basic Working knowledge of photo editing software and online video publishing
- The ability to communicate simply, clearly and effectively with excellent written and editing skills
- Should be ready to travel to capture relevant activities.
- Team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of development communication an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic knowledge of Child Rights and ECOSOC rights an added advantage
4. Duration and timing of the assignment:EACHRights Will provide administrative support and management of the intern. The Internship is a 3-month internship set to begin on March 1, 2018 and end on May 31, 2018. (renewable on the basis of performance)
5. Submission of InterestInterested and qualified candidates should submit an application that will include-
- A Cover Letter (1-page max)
- Individual CV
- Three Referees
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Cover letter should be addressed to-
The Regional Director,
The East African Centre for Human Rights
Suite No. 9, Wanandege Flats Kirichwa Road, Kilimani
P.O. Box 19494-00100 NAIROBI, KENYA
Tel: +254-701-670090, +254-735-670090, +254-20-266708
E-mail : email@example.com,